Standard Bldg, 346, Hornby Road, Mumbai - 400001.
Tel : 2204 0351 / 2284 5002. Fax: 2284 5002.
All Schengen visa application centers will be closed from 26th to 30th October due to upcoming Biometric process from 02 Nov 2015.
Kindly inform all concern about the same and plan their travels accordingly
Biometrics process for all Schengen countries
As from 2 November 2015, Indian citizens requesting a Schengen visa will have to appear in person in order to provide biometric data (fingerprints and digital photography). This concerns the applications for the short-term Schengen visas (max. 90 days in 180 days). (Find notice attached)
Important information about the process
· All applicant will have to schedule appointment with VFS first, submit the application & perform the Biometrics on the date of appointment. Once the submission & Biometrics is done the passport will be dispatched to the registered address mentioned on the covering letter of the company.
· For subsequent applications within next 5 years the biometric data will be copied from the previous visa application included in the VISA, which means if an applicant receives a visa after 2/11/2015 via Biometrics he will not be required again to undergo Biometrics process for next 5 years.
· Apart from that, there will be no change in current procedures such as visa fee or forms. However, the applicants should be aware that due to provisions of biometric data, which might cause at the beginning some disruptions, the first visit to their respective Schengen State Consulate after 2 November 2015 might take a little bit longer.
· Exemptions from the obligation of fingerprinting are provided for the following categories of applicants only:
· Children under 12, - Persons for whom the collection of fingerprints is physically impossible
· Sovereigns and other senior members of a royal family, Heads of State and members of the national Governments (with their official delegations and spouses) if they travel for official purposes.
Business Visa :
Valid passport, Two form, Two photographs, Covering letter (The letter should be mentioned this clause also “I will pay USD 20 at the Airport as Visa Fee’’), Invitation letter, Foreign exchange or International credit card, Income tax papers (Xerox copies), Return ticket and Xerox copy of the ticket.
Tourist Visa :
Valid passport, Two form, Two photographs, Covering letter (The letter should be mentioned this clause also “I will pay USD 20 at the Airport as Visa Fee’’) and Leave certificate (If case of an employee), Foreign exchange or International credit, Income tax papers, Return ticket and xerox of the ticket.
Time : 15 days
Service Charge: Rs 1500/- per application + 18% GST